Thursday, March 11, 2010

Documentation Materials

I chose to stage an intervention for midterm. I wanted to somehow blend moving liquid/droplets, illustration, and a figure into footage.

After sharing ideas with the class, I decided the best approach for staging the droplets is to film them in motion. I then edited the footage in Final Cut, exported it to Quicktime , and imported them into After Effects. The illustration was penciled and inked by hand (preference). I wanted to use a character design that was exagerated but remeniscient of the actor.

My first objective was to separate the actor from the footage so I can animate the water in between him and the background.I first dragged the footage of actor/environment into the comp, and duplicated the layer. I then dragged my chosen droplet footage in between the two previous layers. On the topmost layer (footage w/ actor and environment) I masked the actor, feathered its edges and animated the actors mask until he left the footage. After playing around with opacity and footage on the water layer I masked the shapes I wanted and animated that. Finally, I added the illustration, and masked the spaces in between the it and water to add depth to the lines.
Below is some of my footage:








No comments:

Post a Comment